20-1933Regular price $570.00 Sale price $551.00 Save $19.00
Radium Engineering FST-R RA
A fuel surge tank is designed to prevent starvation to the engine on vehicles with inadequate fuel tank baffling. The surge tank pump feeds the fuel rail(s). The volume of fuel inside acts as a buffer to always keep the fuel surge tank pump supplied. This volume is maintained by the main fuel tank's (lift) pump as well as the fuel returning from the fuel pressure regulator.
In the case of the FSTR-RA (fuel surge tank regulated-rotating assembly), the regulator is built into the surge tank and recirculates fuel internally. Excess fuel in the surge tank is returned back to the vehicle's main fuel tank.
Installing a surge tank is also an easy way to upgrade the fuel pump of a vehicle without opening or modifying the OEM fuel tank. The FSTR-RA is suitable with all gasoline types including unleaded, leaded, oxygenated, and pre-mixes. Furthermore, they are compatible with alcohol blends of fuel including methanol, ethanol, and E85.
The FSTR-RA houses a single internal fuel pump and has an integrated fuel pressure regulator machined into the top cap. This eliminates the need for an external fuel pressure regulator along with extra fittings and hoses. It simplifies the installation, reduces overall cost, reduces weight, and eliminates potential leak points in the fuel system. Furthermore, this system permits cooler fuel temperatures as the fuel is not returning from the hot engine bay.
To aid in adjusting pressure, there are incremental detents that provide haptic feedback to the user. Every detent permits 1psi (+/-0.5psi) of adjustment depending on current fuel pressure. Furthermore, RA-series regulators feature a 360 degree swiveling vacuum reference port that is double O-ring sealed. This is the first in the industry. It permits the installer to quickly point the vacuum fitting in any direction with no tools required.
There are 4 interchangeable 10-32 threaded vacuum port fittings provided to cover all scenarios.
1. Barbed Fitting: A black zinc-plated 3/16" (5mm) barb machined from high strength steel that is compatible with the following vacuum hoses: 5/32" (4mm), 3/16" (5mm), and 7/32" (6mm).
2. 3AN Male Fitting: A black zinc-plated adapter machined from high strength steel that is compatible with 3AN hose ends.
3. Push-To-Connect: A nickel-plated brass fitting with Buna-N O-rings that is compatible with hard plastic 1/4" OD tubing.
4. Vacuum Plug: A black oxide stainless steel screw that is used to maintain a constant (non dynamic) fuel pressure. Beginning in the mid 1990s, vehicle manufacturers started transitioning to returnless fuel systems to lower EVAP emissions. To keep temperatures lower, these regulators are mounted inside the tank and do NOT have the ability to be vacuum referenced. This plug would be required in this scenario.
RA-series regulators feature the first tool-less pressure adjustment. A jam nut and set screw are no longer required. With a simple turn of the knob, pressure will be increased or decreased.
The FST-R can be configured with all 39mm fuel pumps from many leading manufacturers.
Ti Automotive E5LM (brushless)
1. There many compatible pump manufacturers not listed.
2. The FST-R is not available in dual-pump configurations.
The newly designed stainless electrical studs easily handle the high current demand that compact multi-pin bulkhead connectors lack. These serviceable connections are hermetically sealed and impervious to all standard and exotic fuels. Non conductive anodized aluminum acorn nuts are provided to prevent any accidental short circuiting. Electrical hardware is included for the fuel pump(s). Furthermore, the in-tank wiring is insulated with high quality chemically resistant ETFE. Relay kits, such as 17-0031, are recommended to drive these new internal fuel pump.